- Scaling Wireless for Next Generation Transformative Applications, IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Atlanta, GA, May 2017.
- Emerging Wireless Experimental Platforms and Capabilities, Computer and Networking Experimental Research Using Testbeds (CNERT 2017),
Atlanta, GA, May 2017.
- Scaling Wi-Fi for Next Generation Applications, IEEE/IFIP Wireless Days 2017, Porto, Portugal, March 2017.
- Remember the Uplink: Hidden Costs and Solutions for Lagging Uplink WLAN Capabilities, 25th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (IEEE ICCCN 2016), Waikoloa, Hawaii, August 2016.
- Wi-Fi in sub-GHz Bands: Research Advances and Global Trials, IEEE LatinCom, Cartagena, Colombia, November 2014.
- New Spectrum and Services for the Next Wireless Internet, IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Quality of Service (IWQoS 2014), Hong Kong, China, May 2014.
- Spectrum Access for the Next Wireless Internet, Global Future Internet Summit, Seoul, Korea, November 2013.
- Spectrum Access from TV Bands to Millimeter Wave and Visible Light, ACM WiNTECH 2013, Miami, FL, September 2013.
- Multi-User MIMO in Dense, Urban Wireless Networks, IEEE/IFIP WONS, Banff, Canada, March 2013.
- Urban-Scale Wireless Networks in Unlicensed sub-GHz Bands, ACM MobiHoc, Hilton Head, SC, June 2012.
- UHF-Band Unlicensed Wireless: Global Opportunities from Rural to Urban Networks, IEEE RuralComm, Houston, TX, December 2011.
- Wireless Prototypes, Testbeds, and Experiments: What Next? Ninth IEEE WiOpt, Princeton, NJ, May 2011.
- Urban-Scale Wireless Access from MHz to THz, 22nd International Teletraffic Congress (ITC 22), Amsterdam, Netherlands, September 2010.
- Challenges in Deployment and Operation of Diverse Spectrum Access Networks, Fifth IEEE Workshop on Networking Technologies for Software-Defined Radio and White Space, Boston, MA, June 2010.
- Future Directions in Urban-Scale Multi-hop Wireless Networks, Second International Workshop on Carrier-Grade Wireless Mesh Networks, San Diego, CA, March 2010.
- Ultra-Low Cost Wireless Access: Lessons from the Field, IEEE Broadband Wireless Access Workshop, New Orleans, LA, December 2008.
Spectrum and Policy
- Unbundling Mexico’s Telecommunications Sector: Reform, Investment and Digital Democracy, Baker Institute, Houston, TX, November 2014.
- Spectrum Access, Interference Management, and High Spectral Efficiency in UHF Bands, Ministerio de Transportes y Comunicaciones, Lima, Peru, October 2013.
- Urban-Scale Wireless Networks in Unlicensed UHF Bands, CoFeTel (Comisión Federal de Telecomunicaciones), now IFT, Mexico City, Mexico, November 2011.
- Urban-Scale Wireless Access: Experiences and Future Challenges, Consejo Federal de Inversiones, Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 2010.
- Broadband Wireless for Underserved Urban Communities, FCC, Washington, D.C., October 2009.
Lectures and Invited Presentations
- Urban Sensing and Wireless Backhaul, Net Futures 2017, Brussels, Belgium, June 2017.
- Diverse Spectrum Wi-Fi: Research Advances and Global Trials, Northeastern University ECE Distinguished Lecture Series, Boston, MA, January 2016.
- New Spectrum for New WLAN Services and Architectures, GLOBECOM Industry Program: Next Generation WLAN and WPAN Technologies, San Diego, CA, December 2015.
- Re-thinking Spectrum Sharing, ACM HotWireless 2015, Paris, France, September 2015.
- Diverse Spectrum WLANs: Efficiency, Scaling, and Sharing, NYU Weber Lecture, Brooklyn, NY, May 2015.
- Diverse Spectrum Access from MHz to THz, NSF CREST Center for Research on Complex Networks at Texas Southern University, Houston, TX, May 2015.
- Diverse Spectrum MU-MIMO WLANs, distinguished lecture, IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC 2015), Anaheim, CA, February 2015.
- Diverse Spectrum Multi-User MIMO: from WLANs to Urban Access, distinguished lecture, Technical University Darmstadt, June 2014.
- Diverse Spectrum Access for the Next Wireless Internet, Parque Tecnológico Itaipu (PTI), Itaipu, Brazil, April 2014.
- Robust Control and Management of Wireless Networks, 5th Annual IMDEA Networks Institute International Workshop, Madrid, Spain, June 2013.
- If We Build It, Will They Come? 4G World, Chicago, IL, October 2012.
- Grand Challenges in Wireless Networking, NITRD Workshop on Complex Engineered Networks, Washington, DC, September 2012.
- Multi-User and Diverse Spectrum Access in Next Generation Wi-Fi: Early Experimental Lessons, Cisco, San Jose, CA, February 2012.
- Communications and the Internet of Things in Smart Cities, MIT LIDS Smart Urban Infrastructure Workshop, Cambridge, MA, May 2017.
- Challenges and Future Directions of Wireless Spectrum Research, IEEE INFOCOM 2016, San Francisco, CA, April 2016.
- Connectivity to IoT Devices, ACM Mobile Cloud Computing and Services 2015, Paris, France, September 2015.
- Trends in Spectrum Regulation, IEEE LatinCom, Cartagena, Colombia, November 2014.
- Wireless Dense Networks: Simple Rescaling or Change of Paradigm? IEEE WoWMoM 2013, Madrid, Spain, June 2013.
- Mobile and Wireless Networking, 20th International Conference on Computer Communication Networks, Maui, HI, July 2011.
- Advances in Urban Sensing, IEEE Globecom 2010, Miami, FL, December 2010.
- Current Trends in Wireless Networks, IEEE INFOCOM 2009, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 2009.